CALL FOR EXECUTIVE BOARD NOMINATIONS
ASC OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
DEADLINE Wednesday, February 29, 2020
Barbara A. Crothers, DO, Nominating Committee, Chair
Do you want to influence the profession?
Yes! Get involved and submit a nomination! You are the ASC -- finding and electing the Executive Board and Officers is a privilege and the responsibility of every member and makes the Society what you want it to be! We need members to take an active and thoughtful role in the nomination process.
The ASC membership is invited to nominate individuals who are qualified and dedicated to be considered by the Nominating Committee for election to the ASC Executive Board.
EXECUTIVE BOARD VACANCIES INCLUDE:
- Executive Board, Medical Member: Two positions of a four-year term (2020-2024) each are available. Medical Member Board members who are elected are eligible to run for Vice President when they are completing their fourth year on the Board.
- Executive Board, Cytotechnologist Member: One position of a four-year term (2020-2024) is available.
Who is eligible for nomination?
The entire membership is eligible regardless of voting status.
Criteria regarding length of membership and service to e ASC are considered before an individual can appear
on the ballot. This ensures sufficient experience with the operations and missions of the ASC, and commitment
to the organization. We recognize that the general membership may not be aware of a member's record within
the ASC; therefore, nominees are evaluated by the Nominating Committee according to criteria, which include
- Length of ASC membership
- ASC committee involvement
- Attendance at ASC Annual Scientific Meetings
- Participation as faculty at Annual Scientific Meetings and/or Cyto-eConferences.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER VACANCIES INCLUDE:
- Vice President: One-year term (2020-21), followed by one year terms each as President-Elect (2021-22), President (2022-23) and Past President (2023-24).
- Secretary-Treasurer: One position of a three-year term (2020-2023) is available.
Nomination eligibility for Executive Officer positions include previous Medical Executive Board Members who have served at least two years on the Executive Board.
How is a nominee chosen for the ballot? Nominees that meet the established criteria are invited to submit a CV and are interviewed by the Nominating Committee. This committee provides advice to the Executive Board who then reviews and approves the nominees who will appear on the ballot.
Click here for full criteria and procedures.
How do I nominate a member or myself? (Self-nominations are welcomed.) Please submit a nomination using the NOMINATION SUBMISSIONS FORM below.
Do you have questions regarding service on the Board or wish to speak with someone who has served previously on the Board about the nature of the work, time commitment, or other issues? Please contact Ms. Beth Jenkins, Executive Director at (302) 543-6583 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to submit your nominations early so that the Nominating Committee can carefully evaluate and consider candidates - this ensures a successful election and successful ASC!