The Problem-based Learning Program for Cytopathology Education emphasizes active learning and learner-centered discussions, similar to that used in many medical schools. In active-learning curricula, faculty takes on the role of facilitating the application of knowledge, rather than act as traditional dispensers of first-order material in sessions with learners (residents and fellows). Such discussions not only ensure content knowledge, but facilitate the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills. Included in each Case are Facilitator Notes, Learner Notes, an Assessment Quiz, and Objectives and References. The following cases are included in the Program:
- Diagnostic Pitfalls in Urine Cytology
- Hyperchromatic Crowded Groups in Liquid-Based Pap Tests
- Molecular Testing of Lung Non-Small Cell Carcinoma
- Fine Needle Aspiration of Myxoid Neoplasms
- Plasmacytoid Neoplasms
- Fine Needle Aspiration of Small Blue Round Cell Tumors
- Thyroid Cytopathology: Focus on the Use of the New Bethesda System
This Program was created for Cytopathology Program Directors, Pathology Residents, Cytopathology Fellows and others in the cytopathology field.
How to use this Program.
Pricing: 7 cases......$200
Available for purchase through the ASC Online Store.
**Please note: This is a web based program. A link will be provided in your email receipt that will allow access to the Problem-Based Learning Program information.