In today’s increasingly connected world, it’s hard to ignore social media. It’s changed the way we interact with friends, choose products to buy, learn about community events, and even order food. Naturally, since social media is such a large part of everyone’s lives, it makes sense that ASC should have a strong presence online.
Why Should the ASC Use Social Media?
It’s likely that you already use social media to stay in touch with family and friends. For the very same reasons you use social media like Facebook for your personal life, social media serve as invaluable tools for our Society.
Social media offer a whole toolbox for reaching goals, including helping communicate news and important events with members, recruit new members, and keep up with everything that is going on in the field of cytopathology.
Take a look at the ASC's social media,
Social Media and ASC Committees-
Here’s how social media will help your committee.
- Engage: Engage with including members, potential members, industry, donors, and more.
- Excite: Maintain a captivated audience and drive attention to your committee's work (and traffic to the ASC website) by sharing news, events, and information.
- Educate: Position the ASC as a go-to resource for colleagues.
- Evangelize: A consistent and strong online presence will create loyal followers and supports who will not only share your posts but also become members and donors.
Are you ready to seal the deal?
Let’s get your committee on the social media map.
1. Make sure that the content you post is interesting and relevant to your followers. You may want to start by asking your committee members what they would like to see.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Reminders or announcements about meetings or events
- News and committee activities that may interest members or potential members
- High-quality photographs of ASC members or events
- Videos from ASC events
2. Complete the form below, you will be contacted by your committee liaison or the ASC Staff, or you may contact your committee liaison directly. Click on the list at the bottom of the page to find your liaison.
It's that easy to get your committee on the social media map!
Here is an example of the Social Media Committee getting the word out for the Nominating Committee.
Including a hashtag with your posts helps to categorize content for your audience. From a user perspective, hashtags allow people to find posts that are relevant to their interests and interact with other social media users who share those interests by joining the conversation.
|5 Reasons to Use Hashtags |
|1. Hashtags are Great for Promoting the ASC |
|2. Hashtags Encourage Audience Engagement|
|3. Hashtags Make Searching More Efficient|
|4. Using Hashtags Makes You Easier To Find |
|5. Hashtags Attract More Followers |
| ASC|| Foundation|| Annual Meeting|
| #savinglives|| #ASCyto20|
|Other||Cancer||Patient Advocacy Groups |