The American Society of Cytopathology Scientific Program Committee
invites you to submit abstracts for Platform and Poster Presentations
for the 68th Annual Scientific Meeting to be held November 5-8, 2020 in Orlando, FL
Abstracts may be based on cytologic techniques, clinical cytology or basic cytology research.
Case Reports are not accepted.
Submission Deadline: Monday, April 27, 2020
11:59 PM Eastern Time
General Information (Pay special attention to information in red)
- All abstracts must be submitted by Monday, April 27th by 11:59 pm, Eastern Time using the ASC online abstract site. ASC will not accept abstracts that are not submitted by this deadline.
- Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
- Verify your information carefully before submitting (i.e. spelling, email address, etc.).
- Order the authors in the way you would want them to appear in print.
- All authors listed for an abstract must complete an electronic conflict of interest form. It is the responsibility of the First Author to make sure that all Conflict of Interest (COI) forms have been completed. If a COI is not received for all authors, the submission will not be considered. Please make sure that e-mail address information for all co-authors is correct so they can receive the electronic COI form. Please make sure that the e-mail addresses provided for all authors will be accurate in July/August of 2020 so they can receive follow-up information.
- Submitted abstracts will NOT be edited for content in any way. Thus, typographic and grammatical errors that appear in the submission will appear in the printed abstract in the ASC Official Journal, Journal of the American Society of Cytopathology. Abstracts will be formatted to fit publication requirements only.
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT MORE THAN ONCE. You will receive a Confirmation of Receipt email. Please retain this email for your records.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by at least one author to present in Florida if accepted. Missing posters will be noted and will constitute diminished scoring on future poster submissions.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words in length and written in paragraphs with clearly identified heading. Please provide succinct information. Vague, unsupported statements are strongly discouraged.
- Authors may specify their preference for either platform or poster session. Space for platform presentations is limited and the Scientific Program Committee will make the final decision regarding your presentation type. The assumption is that the First Author will be making the Platform Presentation (if applicable) unless otherwise instructed.
- Follow all instructions for completing the online submission. Be sure to structure the content as requested with the identified titles: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions. Do not include authors’ names in the text or title of your abstract.
- Abstracts must be original and not previously published, nor currently accepted for publication or presentation at another meeting, to be eligible for consideration. Only abstracts submitted for the first time and solely for this meeting will be accepted.
- The criteria for scoring will include: scientific validity, originality, academic importance, value to the membership, study design, and style.